Application Guidelines for New Bunkering Licence (Bunker Supplier)
A company shall possess a valid Bunkering Licence (Bunker Supplier) issued by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) in order to supply bunkers to vessels in the Port of Singapore using its own delivery documents.
To obtain a new Bunkering Licence (Bunker Supplier), the company must satisfy the following requirements:
- To comply with the requirements of the Accreditation Scheme for Bunker Suppliers:
- To submit a detailed Background and Organisational Structure of the company:
- To submit the business profile of company as registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- To include profile of shareholders and directors that are registered in ACRA's records (inclusive of their date of birth) and their experiences in bunkering.
- To submit proposed business plan, inclusive of the following information:
- Proven Track Record and performance in other ports, if any, in terms of bunker sales and customer base:
- To provide annual bunker sales delivered for the past 3 years.
- Bunker Sales Commitments:
- To provide 3-year bunker sales projection.
- Investment in Storage Facilities in Singapore:
- Preferably own or lease storage facilities (To provide supporting documents).
- Investment in Double-Hulled Bunker Tankers:
- To own and operate double-hulled bunker tanker that has been approved by MPA (To provide the shipbuilding contract for the double-hulled bunker tanker).
- New Customers:
- Applicants should be able to bring in new customers to the Singapore bunkering industry. This could include customer who are not lifting bunkers in Singapore, or customers who could further increase their bunker purchase in Singapore (To attach letter of intent).
- Investment in Manpower:
- Should at least employ 3 shore staff and to provide staff strength projections.
- Value-Add Proposition (ie. use of mass flow meters, adoption of green technology etc)
The MPA will consider issuing new Bunkering Licence (Bunker Supplier) to bona fide companies that will benefit the Singapore bunkering industry as a whole.
- For further enquiries, please contact our officers at:
- (+65) 6325 2309 or (+65) 6325 2317 or (+65) 6325 2318
- Email: email@example.com