A world of maritime products and services are offered in Singapore, the Asian gateway for global leaders in ship financing, ship broking, risk management and marine insurance.
Capitalising on its strategic location, sophisticated port facilities and shipyards, Singapore has developed into a premier International Maritime Centre (IMC) where ships hub and essential ancillary services in shipping, commerce and logistics flourish.
The Maritime industry in Singapore is vibrant. It is home to more than 5,000 maritime establishments and businesses, contributing about seven percent to Singapore’s Gross Domestic Product and provides jobs for more than 170,000 workers.
The pro-business government policies have established the country as a strategic centre for maritime business and a leading international maritime centre.
Setting up a maritime business in Singapore is simple and fast, whether you are registering a new business entity or registering a ship under the Singapore flag.
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) also supports the diverse business needs of maritime enterprises through our financial, manpower development and R&D schemes. This further enables you to increase the scope and range of your maritime services and expand your business operations.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase