Singapore Maritime Technology Conference
In its endeavour to develop Singapore as an international maritime technology centre of excellence, MPA seeks to encourage partnerships in R&D. One of the ways MPA champions partnerships and grows strong R&D linkages between industry and tertiary and research institutions is by hosting key maritime events.
The Singapore Maritime Technology Conference (SMTC) is a biennial international maritime technology conference and exhibition organised by MPA. The conference aims to profile and showcase Singapore’s international standing in maritime and port technology and R&D; demonstrate thought leadership on the latest developments, products, services and application in the maritime industry and create partnerships and collaborations amongst researchers, academics, engineers and professionals in the maritime and port industries.
SMTC is attended by shipping companies, port operators, maritime and port authorities, technology companies, classification societies, tertiary research institutes, and executives involved in maritime technology research, development, innovation development and application. The inaugural SMTC was held in April 2015 and had attracted about 520 participants from 21 countries with close to 20% of participants attending from overseas.
The upcoming SMTC 2017 will tentatively be held on from 26 to 28 Apr 2017 in conjunction with the Singapore Maritime Week 2017.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase