Setting Up in Singapore
Registering your maritime business in Singapore is simple and fast.
Singapore is already home to more than 5,000 maritime establishments and businesses and about 130 of the world’s top shipping groups
The pro-business government policies have established the country as a strategic centre for maritime business and a leading international maritime centre.
Registering a ship in Singapore under the highly reputable Singapore Registry of Ships (SRS) has many incentives and brings many advantages.
Setting up a business in Singapore is cost-efficient, simple and quick. The application could be done online and completed within 15 minutes of the S$65 registration fee being paid.
To cater to your human resource needs, you may bring in talent and manpower into Singapore, who would need to apply for work passes.
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) is always here to help you. Take a look at what Maritime Singapore offers and take advantage of the various government schemes on offer that will help you set up or expand your maritime business operations
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase