The MPA brings visiting professors and distinguished visitors within the maritime community to Singapore universities.
Under the Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF), the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) has set aside S$16 million to bring to Singapore visiting professors and distinguished visitors in various maritime disciplines to conduct undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as seminars, specialist workshops and conferences for the maritime community in Singapore.
The visiting professorships are:
- MPA Professorship in Maritime Business Economics at the School of Economics and Social Sciences, Singapore Management University (SMU).
- MPA Professorship in Maritime Law at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore (NUS).
- MPA Professorship in Shipping Economics at the Economics Department of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, NUS.
- MPA Professorship in Shipping Management at the College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase