Green Port Programme
What is the Green Port Programme?
The Green Port Programme encourages ocean-going ships calling at the Port of Singapore to reduce the emission of pollutants.
How does it benefit you?
Ocean-going ships that use approved abatement/scrubber technology or burn clean fuels*:
During the entire port stay of 5 days or less within the Singapore Port Limits (from the point of entry into Singapore Port Limits till the point of exit) will be granted 25% reduction in port dues; or
Only while at berth will be granted 15% reduction in port dues.
*Clean fuels are defined as fuels with sulphur content of less than 1.00% m/m.
How do you qualify?
The Green Port Programme is only valid for ocean-going ships. The port dues reduction is not applicable to harbour or pleasure craft.
Ships currently under annual port dues scheme may participate and enjoy the port dues reduction if the ship uses approved abatement/scrubber technology or burn clean fuels for every call to Singapore.
To participate in the Green Port Programme, shipowners/charterers must perform the following:
A. Register owned/chartered ships under the Green Port Programme fleet.
A one-time registration via Marinet is required for all ships. Please refer to Annex A of the Green Port Programme annexes for the step-by-step guide.
B. Make a declaration for every port call.
Prior to arrival into Singapore Port Limits, the master, owner or agent must make a declaration through the latest version of the Electronic Pre-Arrival Notification (ePAN) or the manual Notification of Arrival (NOA). Annex B of the Green Port Programme annexes shows the relevant portion of the ePAN pertaining to the Green Port Programme declaration.
C. Maintain relevant records.
Supporting documents should be kept for a period of 1 year from the time of declaration and be made available to MPA upon request. Please refer to Annex C of the Green Port Programme annexes with regards to a sample record to be maintained by ships.
To qualify for the 25% reduction in port dues, the following must be adhered to:
- Ships using approved abatement/scrubber technology should maintain its use throughout the port stay (from point of entry into Singapore Port Limits till point of exit).
- Ships burning clean fuels should initiative the switch to clean fuels for the main engine and auxiliary engine before entering Singapore Port Limits. The use of clean fuels should be maintained throughout the port stay to qualify for the concession.
- To qualify for the 15% reduction in port dues, the following must be adhered to:
- Ships using approved abatement/scrubber technology should maintain its use while at berth to qualify for the port dues reduction.
- Ships burning clean fuels should initiate the switch to clean fuels for the main and/or auxiliary engine within 1 hour after completion of berthing. The use of clean fuel should be maintained throughout while the ship is at berth. The switch over from clean fuels should only be initiated 1 hour before unberthing.
Please refer to the Green Port Programme annexes for more information on the procedures for shipowners/charterers. Interested applicants of the Green Port Programme can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction to Maritime Singapore
- What Maritime Singapore offers
- Global Connectivity
- Pro-Business Environment
- Global Maritime Services
- Global Maritime Capabilities
- Public Outreach
- Maritime Careers
- Education and Scholarships
- Green Efforts
- Port Statistics