MARITIME SECURITY: GUIDANCE RELATING TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SOLAS CHAPTER XI-2 AND THE ISPS CODE
Maritime Security Notices,Shipping Circulars
No. 17 of 2004
11 Jun 2004
Applicable to: This circular is for the attention of shipowners, shipmanagers, masters and officers.
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO), recognizing and considering the need for additional information to assist Contracting Governments and the industry with the implementation of, and compliance with new SOLAS chapter XI-2 and the ISPS Code, has issued a circular, MSC/Circ.1111, to provide additional guidance on specific aspects of the measures to enhance maritime security.
- The guidance relating to the implementation of SOLAS chapter XI-2 and the ISPS Code is given at Annex 1 of MSC/Circ.1111.
- The Maritime Safety Committee (MSC), at its seventy-eighth session (12 to 21 May 2004), also adopted resolution MSC.159(78) on Interim guidance on control and compliance measures to enhance maritime security which is given at Annex 2 of MSC/Circ.1111.
- A copy of MSC/Circ.1111 can be found in our website.
- Any queries relating to this circular should be directed to Mr. Mark Lim at 6325 2410.
LEE SENG KONG
DIRECTOR OF MARINE