Your first step towards a career at sea…
The Tripartite Maritime Scholarship Scheme (TMSS) offers an opportunity to jump-start your seafaring career. This scholarship, sponsored by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), shipping companies and unions, grooms promising students to become Ship Captains and Chief Engineers of ocean-going merchant ships and be the leaders of Singapore’s maritime industry.
Pursuing a Diploma in Nautical Studies would prepare you to be a Deck Officer, and eventually lead to the appointment as a Ship’s Captain. On the other hand, a Diploma in Marine Engineering would train you to be an engineer onboard ship, and eventually lead to the position of Chief Engineer.
- TMSS Training path for Diploma in Nautical Studies
- TMSS Training path for Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Provision of the following fees and allowances:-
o tuition fee at Singapore Maritime Academy
o annual book and uniform allowance
o monthly allowance of $900 per month during academic and training phases
- Recipients are required to serve a bond of 3 years with the sponsoring shipping companies on a seagoing appointment, upon attainment of Certificate of Competency Class 2 (about three years after graduation).
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Have good GCE “O” Level results
- Have a good record of co-curricular activities and/or community service
- 17 to 22 years of age
- Pass an approved eye sight test
- Download the TMSS Application Form
- Complete and submit the Application Form to:
IMC Capability Department, IMC Division
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
460 Alexandra Road #17-00, PSA Building, Singapore 119963
- Email email@example.com
- Or call 6375 1224