Mass Flow Meter (MFM) Test-bedding Programme
The test-bedding programme has built industry confidence of MFM in better quantity assurance and enabled MPA to develop the world’s first National Technical Reference for Bunker Mass Flow Metering (TR48 : 2015) for the use of MFM for marine fuel oil deliveries in Singapore. The mandatory use of MFM will take effect from 1 January 2017.
Starting 2010, the MINT Fund supported various joint industry projects (JIP) to assess the commercial viability for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). Outcomes of these projects contributed to the development of the Technical Standards and Procedures for LNG bunkering in the Port of Singapore. In 2016, MPA awarded 2 LNG bunkering supply licenses and S$12 million from MINT Fund has been set aside for LNG bunkering pilot programme which will support the development and trial of six LNG-fuelled vessels taking LNG in Singapore.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Maritime Operations
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) or Water Spider is a drone that was developed by local firm Hope Technik in collaboration with the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). The Water Spider will support port authorities in providing a more comprehensive assessment on the extent of maritime incidents which could be critical in decision making.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase