Businesses in partnership with the other maritime organisations, can promote and benefit from manpower development.
Today’s maritime industry is driven by ever-changing technology and sophisticated business modelling. This requires a steady stream of highly-qualified professionals to maximise performance and profitability.
Maritime-related businesses, in partnership with the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore(MPA), tertiary institutions and other organisations, have developed several initiatives to promote manpower knowledge, the ‘software’ of the shipping industry.
From continuous development and training programmes to postgraduate studies, scholarships to sponsorships, attachment programmes to professorships, Singapore offers a wide choice of quality manpower development initiatives, many of which are funded or supported by the MPA.
Businesses can tap on the Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) which supports or sponsors a variety of programmes to develop maritime expertise.
There are also other scholarship schemes that sponsor talented students who want to join the maritime industry.
Finally, Singapore offers a wide variety of maritime courses that develop knowledge and know-how in the maritime sector.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Approved International Shipping Enterprise (MSI-AIS) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Maritime Leasing (MSI-ML) Award
- Maritime Sector Incentive - Shipping-related Support Services (MSI-SSS) Award
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase or construction of ships
- Withholding tax ("WHT") exemption on interest and related payments made in respect of loans obtained to finance the purchase of containers and intermodal equipment
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase