Talent@MaritimeSingapore – Industrial Attachment
The Industrial Attachment gives students added incentive to experience work in the maritime industry.
The maritime industry offers many opportunities not only for those with maritime-related qualifications, but also those from other disciplines.
Working in conjunction with maritime-related businesses and universities, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) offers the Industrial Attachment (IA), which provides undergraduates in both maritime-related courses and other disciplines with industrial attachments in the maritime sector through internship programmes and/or projects while giving them a student attachment allowance.
Under the IA, students can experience working in a maritime environment and recognise its potential. It would also enhance student awareness of employment opportunities in the maritime industry in Singapore.
Students will get up to an additional S$400 per month over and above any allowance from the businesses they are attached to. This is given as a lump sum at the end of the internship/attachment. Funds are dispersed from the MPA’s Maritime Cluster Fund.
Criteria for candidates
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
Criteria for internship/attachment
- Must be in a maritime-related business entity approved by the appropriate university authority (eg. a body within the university or the faculty of study in charge of internships/ attachment).
- Minimum duration of 4 weeks.
- A well-structured internship programme/project that is maritime-related.
- Upon completion of the programme, an internship/project report must be submitted. The format of the written report can be obtained from the university.
Students should apply for the IA through their relevant university body in charge of internships and attachments.
Upon completion of the internship/attachment, students will receive the IA allowance when the internship/project report is accepted.
- Introduction to Maritime Singapore
- What Maritime Singapore offers
- Global Connectivity
- Pro-Business Environment
- Global Maritime Services
- Global Maritime Capabilities
- Public Outreach
- Maritime Careers
- Education and Scholarships
- Maritime Education
- MaritimeONE Scholarship
- Green Efforts