MPA Global Internship Award
The MPA Global Internship Award (GIA) gives students an opportunity to immerse in an experiential learning with international maritime companies in Singapore and around the world.
The fully sponsored MPA GIA programme was introduced by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore to provide high-achieving students with a meaningful and enriching maritime experience in Singapore and abroad. MPA GIA will be administered by the Singapore Maritime Foundation (SMF) with effect 2024.
Besides deepening students’ understanding of the maritime industry, this programme also enhances your future employability and career opportunities within the maritime industry.
The host companies participating in the MPA GIA programme are some of the most reputable brand names in the maritime industry. Participating students will be exposed to a diverse range of possible careers in maritime companies and train alongside seasoned practitioners who would guide and mentor them throughout the MPA GIA programme.
You may apply for the programme if you are:
- A Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident;
- Studying at NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD or SIT* at the point of application.
*GIA can be part of IWSP. Sponsoring companies, students and IHLs should jointly work out the internship period accordingly
Duration of Programme
Students will undergo the 12-week programme between May to Oct 2024 (exact dates to be determined between host companies and interns), inclusive of an overseas component of up to 6 weeks.
The award will cover the following:
- Internship allowance of S$3,600 (for 12 weeks internship)
- Overseas Daily Allowance (for up to 6 weeks overseas attachment)
- Cost of return economy-class airfare
- Travel insurance and other travel-related expenses
Click here to apply.
(Application will be open from Nov 2023 to 31 Dec 2023)
Please prepare the following documents and combine them into 1 single attachment to be submitted with your online application:
- Latest University transcript or Degree Audit
- CCA Records
- Award Certificates
You will also be required to provide a 100-word personal statement on why you wish to apply for the MPA GIA during the online application.
- GIA participants are not eligible to receive Maritime Cluster Fund Industry Attachment (MCF IA) top-up allowance for the same internship.
- Scholars with bond will not be considered for the MPA GIA.
Click here for the list of participating companies and internship placements available for the internship.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com