Foreshore and Marine Development Projects (COMET)
Projects involving foreshore or marine development require approval from the Committee for Marine Projects (COMET).
The following project proposals must be submitted to the Committee for Marine Projects (COMET) of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) for consideration:
- Construction, installation, extension, additions and alterations of wharves, jetties, piers, slipways, dry docks, graving docks, ramps, fixed platform, bunds, shore protection, retaining walls, breakwaters and outfall/intake structures.
- Installation of floating pontoons, floating docks, floating restaurants and accommodation barge.
- Marine recreational facilities.
- Fish farms.
- Residential and other facilities/structures affecting the foreshore areas.
- Reclamation works.
- Submarine pipelines and cables.
- Dredging and dumping works.
- Marine Soil Investigation.
- Demolition of foreshore/marine structures.
- Dumping of dredged materials at sea dumping grounds.
When submitting the project proposals to COMET of MPA, the applicants are required to state the following:
- The purpose of the application;
- The proposed period of work
sincluding thesupporting documents from the relevant government authorities;
- Three sets of plans as follows:
- Plan showing the proposal, quay line and mooring limit plotted on SVY 21 datum (where applicable);
Eengineering plan based on SVY21 datum of the proposal endorsed by a professional engineer (only applicable to items 1-7 in the Projects section above);
- Longitudinal and cross-section profiles of the pipelines and cables (only applicable to item 7 in Projects section above);
- For dredging and dumping works, and marine soil investigation, you are to comply with the General Guidelines on the Requirements for Application on Dredging and Dumping Works (.pdf, 91 KB);
- For submarine pipelines and cables, you are to comply with the MPA Guidelines on Requirements for Submarine Pipelines, Cables (.pdf, 81 KB); and
- To purchase Singaporean Nautical Charts, please click here.
COMET will normally require 3 weeks to process and reply the applications. The requirements and conditions imposed by MPA will vary depending on each project proposal.
The general requirements for foreshore development projects are as follows:
- Pre-construction bathymetric and side scan sonar surveys.
- Post-construction bathymetric and side scan sonar surveys.
- An as-constructed details survey.
- The contractor is to liaise with our Port Master’s Department for the promulgation of the Port Marine Notice and other navigational safety matters pertaining to the work. As MPA has to circulate the notice 2 weeks before the commencement of such work, the contractor must submit to MPA details such as working dates/hours, coordinates of the working areas, craft involved, description of work and illustrative plans (A4 size) at least 3 weeks before the commencement of work.
MPA reserves the right to include other requirements and conditions as necessary for each project and the applicant would have to comply with these requirements and conditions.
Please submit your application to:
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
7B Keppel Road #19 Tanjong Pagar Complex
Attention to: Mr Lawrence Koo
Please contact Mr Lawrence Koo at Lawrence_KOO@mpa.gov.sg or Tel: 6325 2475 for any queries.