Foreshore and Marine Development Projects (COMET)
Projects involving foreshore or marine development require approval from the Committee for Marine Projects (COMET).
The following project proposals must be submitted to the Committee for Marine Projects (COMET) of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) for consideration:
- Construction, installation, extension, additions and alterations of wharves, jetties, piers, slipways, dry docks, graving docks, ramps, fixed platform, bunds, shore protection, retaining walls, breakwaters and outfall/intake structures.
- Installation of floating pontoons, floating docks, floating restaurants and accommodation barge.
- Marine recreational facilities.
- Fish farms.
- Residential and other facilities/structures affecting the foreshore areas.
- Reclamation works.
- Submarine pipelines and cables.
- Dredging and dumping works.
- Marine Soil Investigation.
- Demolition of foreshore/marine structures.
- Dumping of dredged materials at sea dumping grounds.
When submitting the project proposals to COMET of MPA, the applicants are required to state:
- The purpose of the application.
- The proposed period of works including the supporting documents from the relevant government authorities.
- 3 sets of plans as follows:
- Plan showing the proposal, quay line and mooring limit plotted on SVY 21 datum (where applicable).
- Engineering plan based on SVY21 datum of the proposal endorsed by a professional engineer (only applicable to items 1-7 in Projects section above).
- Longitudinal and cross-section profiles of the pipelines and cables (only applicable to item 7 in Projects section above).
- For dredging and dumping works, and marine soil investigation, you are to comply with the General Guidelines on the Requirements for Application on Dredging and Dumping Works (18 Sep 2014) (.pdf, 91 KB).
- For submarine pipelines and cables, you are to comply with the MPA Guidelines on Requirements for Submarine Pipelines, Cables (01 Oct 2016) (.pdf, 81 KB).
|Chart Agent Name||Contact Info|
|ChartCo (Singapore) Pte Ltd||896 Dunearn Road |
#03-05 Sime Darby Centre
Tel: (65) 6545 9880 Ext 65285
Fax: (65) 6545 8892
|Cornes Singapore Ltd||No 2. Boon Leat Terrace |
#05-02/03/04 Harbourside Building 2
Tel: (65) 6223 8320
Fax: (65) 6223 8321
|E.W. Liner Charts & Publications Pte Ltd||100 Pasir Panjang Road |
Tel: (65) 6323 0773
Fax: (65) 6323 0775
|Motion Smith||6 Jurong Pier Road |
Tel: (65) 6220 5098 (After office hours, call 8163 9993)
Fax: (65) 6225 4902
Please submit your application to:
7B Keppel Road #19 Tanjong Pagar Complex
Attention to: Capt Harad Abd Gani
COMET will normally require 3 weeks to process and reply the applications. The requirements and conditions imposed by MPA will vary depending on each project proposal.
The general requirements for foreshore development projects are as follows:
- Pre-construction bathymetric and side scan sonar surveys.
- Post-construction bathymetric and side scan sonar surveys.
- An as-constructed details survey.
- The contractor is to liaise with our Port Master’s Department for the promulgation of the Port Marine Notice and other navigational safety matters pertaining to the work. As MPA has to circulate the notice 2 weeks before the commencement of such work, the contractor must submit to MPA details such as working dates/hours, coordinates of the working areas, craft involved, description of work and illustrative plans (A4 size) at least 3 weeks before the commencement of work.
- MPA reserves the right to include other requirements and conditions as necessary for each project and the applicant would have to comply with these requirements and conditions.
Please contact Capt Harad Abd Gani (Tel: 6325 2456) E-mail - Harad_ABD_GANI@mpa.gov.sg for any queries.