Sail Milestone Achievement Programme (SailMAP)
Singapore recognizes the importance of grooming individuals to pursue a long-term career in seafaring. To encourage our local seafarers to sail to the highest level of competency (i.e. Certificate of Competency (COC) class 1), MPA, e2i, Singapore Shipping Association (SSA), Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU), and Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) launched the Sail Milestone Achievement Programme (SailMAP) to provide each local seafarer with up to S$50,000 when they attain key milestones in their seafaring career.
Key Milestones and Benefits
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Possesses a Singapore-issued CoC.
- Graduated from any one of the following courses:
- Diploma in Nautical Studies (DNS) from Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA)
- Diploma in Marine Engineering (DMR) from SMA
- Tripartite Nautical Training Award (TNTA) from Wavelink Maritime institute (WMI)
- Tripartite Engineering Training Award (TETA) from WMI
- Scholars under the Tripartite Maritime Scholarship (TMSS) and scholars sponsored by MPA are not eligible for SailMAP.
Application for SailMAP
Applicants must commence each milestone on/after 1 June 2022 to be eligible for the corresponding incentive.
To apply, please complete the online application form at the following link: https://go.gov.sg/sailmap
For more information such as the types of supporting documents required, please refer to Shipping Circular No. 9 of 2022 (Rev 1) by clicking here.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org