Why Join MPA
Did you know that more than 80% of goods in the world are transported by ships?
Did you know that each year the maritime industry moves:
- more than 10 billion litres of petrol;
- more than 40 million pairs of foot wear; and
- more than 240 million kg of fruits?
Did you know that the maritime industry is a multi-trillion dollar global industry, without which much of the world would come to a standstill?
If you are a bright and dynamic individual seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come join us and play a part in shaping Singapore's maritime industry, and help Singapore achieve its global maritime aspirations.
- We are dynamic and forward-thinking.
- We value our people as our greatest asset.
- We work hard and we play hard.
- We care for the wellness of all our staff.
- We have plenty of programmes and activities to encourage a healthy and fun lifestyle.
What we offer
- Exciting job challenges in a variety of positions.
- Training and development opportunities for you to develop yourself both professionally and personally.
- Job rotation and secondment opportunities to develop you to your full potential.
- Merit- and performance-based pay structure with a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
At MPA are constantly looking for bright and dynamic individuals to join our team.
Who we are looking for
- Candidates with relevant experience and competencies in the diverse range of jobs we have
- Interest in Maritime Industry
What you can expect after joining
We will prepare you for the exciting job challenges awaiting you through a series of courses designed to develop you professionally and personally.
As the core functions of MPA cover many diverse areas ranging from policy, strategic planning and business development to ship survey or inspection, statutory enforcement and regulations review, you will have many opportunities for exposure to different fields through rotations and thus widen your career experience.
How to apply
Look out for our recruitment advertisements at Careers@Gov.
- Submit your application online.
- You may also email us your resume at any time and we will contact you when a suitable vacancy arises.
What to expect after you apply
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the application closing date. Depending on the position applied for, you may be asked to make a presentation or take a written test.
What some of our staff have to say about why you should join MPA:
"As a Marine Officer, I am the eyes at sea, keeping a watch on one of the world's busiest waterways. I love my job and I am proud of it!"
– Mr Koh Boon Wee, Marine Officer
"The opportunity to work with colleagues in other divisions within MPA and also people from other ministries and organisations definitely broadens my horizons. It also allows me to view issues from new perspectives.”
– Mr Loh Yee Wei, Assistant Hydrographer
“Recognising the importance of work-life balance, MPA has many initiatives supporting this. I am able to spend quality time with my family and my two lovely kids at various staff events such as the MPA Family Day and Juniors@Work Day.”
– Ms Celeste Lee Pin Pin, Management Officer