Tripartite Maritime Scholarship
Your first step towards a career at sea …
The Tripartite Maritime Scholarship (TMSS) offers an opportunity to jump-start your seafaring career. This scholarship, sponsored by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), the Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU), the Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) and shipping companies, grooms promising students to become Ship Captains or Chief Engineers of ocean-going merchant ships and to be future leaders of Singapore’s maritime industry.
For existing students at the Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA)
• Tuition fees at SMA and compulsory course fees.
• Monthly allowance of $1,000 as well as annual book and uniform allowances.
• Milestone achievement bonuses of $3,000, $4,000 and $5,000 after the attainment of COC Class 3/5, COC Class 2 and COC Class 1, respectively.
• Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
• Possess good academic results with at least GCE “O” Level or Higher Nitec qualifications.
• Have a good record of co-curricular activities and/or community service.
• TMSS recipients will be required to serve a bond of 3 years with a sponsoring company on a seagoing appointment.
APPLICATION FOR TMSS
• Please click here to apply.
TMSS Milestone Achievement Bonuses
Eligible TMSS scholars who have received their Certificate of Competencies (COC) may request their milestone bonus at this link. Please take note of the following timelines for disbursement as follows:
• For Certificate of Competencies (COC) attained from Jan to June, please submit the claim form by 15 July to enable disbursement to be made to you by Sep of the same year.
• For Certificate of Competencies (COC) attained from Jul to Dec, please submit the claim form by 15 January to enable disbursement to be made to you by Mar of the following year.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6375 1941.