If you want a stuffy and stereotypical future - you will be disappointed.
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) scholarship offers exciting opportunities to live life on the edge a little. You will study at world-class universities, work on overseas assignments, and gain valuable exposure to the thriving maritime industry.
In other words, you will be embarking on an amazing career at the heart of MPA, the national agency that drives Singapore's premier global hub port and international maritime center.
Who we are looking for
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents (PRs)
- (IB) or equivalent, or Polytechnic Diploma with Merit
- Good CCA track records
- Undergraduates with good university results may also apply
What you can expect as an MPA scholar
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Other allowance e.g. pre studies allowance
- Opportunity for sponsorship of approved student exchange/summer school programme
- Internship opportunties before and during studies for exposure to the culture of and work in MPA as well as gain insights into the maritime industry
To help you understand the maritime industry better, we will also be updating you on the latest developments in the industry as well as within MPA during your studies.
Upon joining us after your studies, you will be given exposure to different areas of work through a series of planned postings and rotations.
You will have plenty of opportunities to network and build contacts across the maritime industry as you work with us.
All in all, you will find this to be both an enriching and a rewarding programme.
- Overseas scholarship with a bond of 6 years (5 years for non-English speaking countries)
- Local scholarship with a bond of 4 years.
- Pro-rated according to years of study
How to apply
You may apply via BrightSparks (online application portal).
What to expect after you apply
We will contact shortlisted applicants within 2 weeks after the application closing date.
MPA offers sponsorships to deserving polytechnic students annually. If you are keen to embark on a challenging career in the maritime industry upon the completion of your course, please read on to find out more.
We are looking for students with good GCE 'O' level results who are currently pursuing any of these maritime courses offered at Singapore Polytechnic:
- Marine Engineering
- Nautical Studies
- Maritime Business
What you can expect as an MPA sponsored student
The Sponsorship Award will cover:
- Maintenance allowance
- Computer allowance
- All other compulsory fees related to the course
As an MPA sponsored student, you will have the opportunity to intern at MPA during your studies, where you get to gain firsthand experience of the maritime business and how it operates.
The sponsorship will carry a bond of 4 years
How to apply
Download the MPA Sponsorship application form and mail the completed form and supporting documents to the following address:
Human Resource Department
Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore
460 Alexandra Road
We will contact you within 2 weeks after the application closing date if you are shortlisted.
Visit Sea The Difference to learn more about the maritime industry and the sea of opportunities available to you!