Special Works and Operations in Port
The following operations are required to seek approval from Operations Planning and Pilotage Department (OPP) – Operations Section:
- Semi-sub / Jack up rig operations in port consisting of Movements in port, Load-on/Load-off operations in allocated anchorages onto heavy lift vessels, transit port for stores/crew change, general purposes, and minor repair works in anchorages.
- FPSO Operations in port consisting of movements in port, transit port for stores/crew change, general purposes, and minor works in anchorages before yard entry etc.
- Lift and Go Operations in Port.
- Cumbersome / Unwieldy Towage.
- Miscellaneous operations in the anchorages, e.g., DP test, Ballast test, survey with diving work etc.
Submission of Method Statement for the Special Works
In your submission under Company Letter Head, you should include the Work Methodology Statement (WMS) and other relevant documents related to the operations. The information should include but not be limited to the following details, where applicable:
- Introduction – Briefly describe the scope of work.
- Operations dates.
- Particulars of vessels(s) (With pictures) – GT, height draft, length etc.
- Anchorage area as allocated by MPA.
- Timeline / Work schedule in details chronological order
- Craft to be used.
- Safety measures taken during the operations.
- Communication plan and contact numbers of the person in charge of the operations
The pre-operational meeting, together with other relevant parties (PSAM Pilots, Agents of vessels, Master / Superintendent of vessels etc.), might be required after consulting with MPA.
For further clarification, you may contact/write to the following persons:
Capt. Dilshad Ahmad
Operations Planning and Pilotage Department
|WMS for the work. |
Tel: 6325 2495
|Mr. R Thiruchelvan, Operations Planning and Pilotage Department||WMS for the work.|
Tel: 6325 2491,
|Officer-in-charge, Marine Safety and Environment Department||Safety and environment|
Tel: 6325 2488 / 6325 2489