Special Works and Operations in Port
Following operations are required to seek approval from Operations Planning and Pilotage Department (OPP) – Operations Section:
- Oil rig / Jack up rig operations in port consisting of movements in port, transit port for stores / crew change, general purposes, repair works in anchorages.
- Submersible vessel operations include load on and load off operation of Jack-up rig onto a heavy lift carrier vessel at an anchorage.
- FPSO Operations in port consisting of movements in port, transit port for stores / crew change, general purposes, repair works in anchorages.
- Lift and Go Operations in Port.
- Cumbersome / Unwieldy Towage.
- Miscellaneous operations in the anchorages e.g. DP test, Ballast test etc.
Submission of Method Statement for the Special works
In your submission under Company Letter Head, you should include the method statement and any other relevant documents related to the operations. The information should include but not limited to the following details, where applicable:
- Introduction – Briefly describe the scope of work
- Particulars of vessels(s) (With pictures) – GT, height draft, length etc.
- Agents / Owners
- Timeline / Work schedule in details chronological order
- Safety measures taken during the operations
- Communication plan and contact numbers of the person in charge of the operations
Pre-operational meeting, together with other relevant parties (PSAM Pilots, Agents of vessels, Master / Superintendent of vessels etc.) might be required, after consulting with MPA
For further clarification, you may contact the following persons:
- Issues relating to the SOP of communication procedures – Capt Andy Chew, Operations Planning and Pilotage Department – Tel: 6325 2472, E-mail - CHEW_Kian_Kwee@mpa.gov.sg
or Mr. R Thiruchelvan, Operations Planning and Pilotage Department – Tel: 6325 2491, E-mail – Thiruchelvan_Ramanathan@mpa.gov.sg
- Issues relating to safety and environment – Officer-in-charge, Marine Safety and Environment Department – 6325 2475 / 6325 2417 / 6325 2464, E-mail – email@example.com
- Issues relating to cargo tariffs – Mr. Kamarurrashid, Marine Services Department – Tel: 6325 2315, E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org