Declaring Bulk Hazardous and Noxious Substances
Owners, agents or masters of vessel that carry or intend to load Hazardous and Noxious Substances (HNS) must notify the Port Master within the notification period.
Pursuant to Regulation 40 of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Dangerous Goods, Petroleum and Explosives Regulations 2005, the owner, agent or master of any ship shall notify the Port Master if the ship is carrying or intending to load the following Hazardous and Noxious Substances in bulk, before the ship’s arrival in Port, which include:
- (a) Noxious liquid substances carried in bulk referred to in Regulation 1(10) of the MARPOL 73/78 Annex II, and those substances and mixtures provisionally categorised as falling in pollution category X, Y or Z in accordance with Regulation 6(3) of the said Annex II;
- (b) Dangerous liquid substances carried in bulk listed in Chapter 17 of the International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Dangerous Chemicals in Bulk (IBC Code), 2016, as amended, and the dangerous products for which the preliminary suitable conditions for the carriage have been prescribed by the Administration and port administrations involved in accordance with paragraph 1.1.6 of the Code;
- (c) Liquefied gases as listed in Chapter 19 of the International Code for the Construction and Equipment of Ships Carrying Liquefied Gases in Bulk (IGC Code), 2016, as amended, and the products for which preliminary suitable conditions for the carriage have been prescribed by the Administration and port administrations involved in accordance with paragraph 18.104.22.168 of the Code;
- (d) Solid bulk materials possessing chemical hazards covered by Appendix 1 of the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes Code (IMSBC Code), 2020, as amended, to the extent that these substances are also subject to the provisions of IMDG Code when carried in packages form; and
- (e) Residues from the previous carriage in bulk of substances referred to in (a) to (d) above.
2. The required notification mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be submitted to the Port Master, 24 hours before the vessel’s arrival or when the vessel is in port 24 hours before such loading operation.
3. The submission shall be made through digitalPORT@SGTM.