Declaring Dangerous Goods
Procedure for declaration of dangerous goods
- (a) the owner, agent or master of any vessel arriving in port and carrying dangerous cargoes to provide the following information and in accordance with the timelines stipulated below, pursuant to Regulation 40(1)(c) of the MPA (Dangerous Goods, Petroleum and Explosives) Regulations 2005; and
- (b) the owner, agent or master of a vessel onto which dangerous goods are intended to be loaded to give notice of that intention to the Port Master in accordance with the timelines stipulated below, pursuant to Regulation 44(4) and 44(5) of the MPA (Dangerous Goods, Petroleum and Explosives) Regulations 2005.
For DG handled at PSA Terminals
For DG handled at Jurong Port
for DG to be handled at other locations (e.g. anchorages)
|Submission method||Online submission via PSA PORTNET||Online submission via JP-Online||Online submission via digitalPORT@SGTM|
Hard copy submission:
Completed PM4 Form declaration forms shall be transmitted to MPA’s Hazardous Cargo Section via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facsimile: +65 6325 2400.
The said declaration must be completed neatly and clearly:
The Technical Name, IMO Class, UN Number and flash point (if applicable) must be given. Trade names alone shall not be used;
The estimated date and time of vessel’s arrival in the case of DG for discharging or in-transit must be stated;
For loading, the estimated date and time of loading must be given;
All weights and temperatures shall be given in metric units (i.e. kilograms and degrees Celsius);
Container numbers and stowage positions (if applicable) are to be clearly indicated;
At the anchorage when loading or discharging MPA First Schedule Dangerous Goods (DG), the licence number of the harbour craft must be declared in the column provided in the said declaration form.
The declaration shall be submitted not less than 12 hours:
Before a vessel’s arrival for discharging or in-transit DG in the port; or
Before the loading of DG onto a vessel.
The declaration form shall be submitted not less than 24 hours:
Before a vessel’s reported time of arrival in the case of dangerous goods in transit or for discharging in the port.
Before loading of DG onto a vessel.
|Helpdesk Number and email on DG declaration|
+65 6321 1173 /
+65 6771 7711
+65 6265 0666
+65 6375 1206
Hazardous Cargo Section (DG enquires)
+65 6325 2421
2. Pursuant to Regulation 40(1)(c) of the MPA (Dangerous Goods, Petroleum and Explosives) Regulations, for each of the dangerous goods, the additional documents listed below shall be submitted with the Dangerous Goods (DG) declaration to email@example.com.
- Ammonium Nitrate (UN No. 1942, 2067 & 2426)
Certificate of Analysis (COA) issued by a body deemed competent by the Authority. The percentage of total combustible matter (including organic matter calculated as carbon) must be clearly stated in the certificate.
- Radioactive Material (IMO Class 7 cargo; exclude nuclear material* under “Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear material”)
- A written approval from the National Environment Agency (NEA), Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Department (RPNSD) is required for transhipment and transit of radioactive material.
- The application form for approval of transhipment and transit can be downloaded from the NEA ePortal under eServices and Forms. The form must be submitted with the following documents to NEA_RPNSD_Tranship_Transit@nea.gov.sg.
- Shipping documents
- Shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Source certificate
- Packaging certificate
- Overseas consignee’s licence
- For enquires on transhipment and transit of radioactive material, please send to NEA_RPNSD_Tranship_Transit@nea.gov.sg.
- Nuclear Material* (IMO Class 7 cargo) under “Convention on the Physical Protection of Nuclear material”
A licence from the National Environment Agency (NEA), Radiation Protection and Nuclear Science Department (RPNSD) is required for all transit of nuclear material* through Singapore. You may apply the licence for the transit via GoBusiness, under “L8A/B Licence to import or export a consignment of radioactive materials”.
For enquires on transit of nuclear material*, please send to NEA_RPNSD_TradeNet@nea.gov.sg.