Call for Proposals
MINT Fund Call for Proposals 2018
The MINT fund Call for Proposals aims to:
- Build a world-class port and port services that are smarter, safer, more efficient and sustainable
- Transform the maritime sector into a highly productive and innovative cluster by leveraging leading edge technologies
- Build up technological capabilities within our local maritime industry in key niche areas
For Thematic Challenge, we are seeking proof-of-concepts of Just-In-Time (JIT) port planning and coordination platform/marketplace with the ultimate objectives of reducing the turnaround time of vessels in port, and optimising port resources and operation efficiency of service providers, primarily through information visibility. Interested companies will need to submit a proposal addressing the full scope of the challenges identified in the “JIT Challenge Statements”.
Selected applicant(s) will be required to collaborate with a team comprising of MPA and industry representatives for the co-solutioning and test-bedding of the project outcomes.
For General Challenge, MPA has aggregated a list of industry problem statements from our maritime industry partners under the “General Challenge Statements” and invites interested companies to submit proposals addressing one or more of the listed statements. The industry partners will be involved in the evaluation of the proposals and participation of the projects as collaborators.
(Updates: MPA will be organising an industry briefing on 26th July, focusing on the General Challenge Statements. Do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest and for more details.)
The Challenge Statements can be found in the PDF document on this website.
- Key Information
Commencement for submission of proposal: 11 June 2018
Deadline for submission of preliminary proposal: 10 July 2018
(Updates: the deadline for submission of the preliminary proposal have been extended to: 10 August 2018)
Expected grant call outcome announcement: November 2018 / January 2019
Please provide a summary of the preliminary proposal, including the following details:
- Company profile
- Problem statement to address (for submissions under the Thematic Challenge, please indicate “Just-In-Time Platform POC”)
- Project description and methodology
- Innovation content, technical features and specifications
- Comparison against commercially available technologies/products
- Project deliverables including but not limited to new technologies introduced to the industry, or new products and/or services developed
- Name and role of any other partners involved
Please submit the above information to email@example.com . Shortlisted companies will be notified by August 2018 and are required to submit a full proposal using the MINT Fund Application Form by September 2018.
- Qualifying Conditions
Please refer to the qualifying criteria for the MINT Fund, with co-funding of up to 50% of the direct project costs.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Research & Development
- Grants and Incentives
- Latest Happenings
- Industry Partnerships
- Innovation Showcase