Tripartite Maritime Scholarship (TMSS)
Your first step towards a career at sea …
The Tripartite Maritime Scholarship (TMSS) offers an opportunity to jump-start your seafaring career. This scholarship, sponsored by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), the Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU), the Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) and shipping companies, grooms promising students to become Ship Captains or Chief Engineers of ocean-going merchant ships and to be future leaders of Singapore’s maritime industry.
For existing students at the Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA)
• Tuition fees at SMA and compulsory course fees.
• Monthly allowance of $1,000 as well as annual book and uniform allowances.
• Milestone achievement bonuses of $3,000, $4,000 and $5,000 after the attainment of COC Class 3/5, COC Class 2 and COC Class 1, respectively.
Mid-term TMSS Scholarship: For graduates of SMA and Tripartite Maritime Training Awards (TMTA) who are COC 3/5 holders
• Sign-on bonus of $30,000.
• Compulsory course fees.
• Monthly allowance during COC1/2 preparatory course.
• Milestone achievement bonuses of $4,000 and $5,000 after the attainment of COC Class 2 and COC Class 1, respectively.
• Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident.
• Possess good academic results with at least GCE “O” Level or Higher Nitec qualifications.
• Have a good record of co-curricular activities and/or community service.
• Only for mid-term applicants – fresh graduates of SMA or TMTA and holders of a valid COC Class 3 or Class 5.
• TMSS recipients will be required to serve a bond of 3 years with a sponsoring company on a seagoing appointment.
APPLICATION FOR TMSS
• TMSS applications are accepted between January and April each year.
• For existing Year 1/2/3 students of SMA, please click here.
• For graduates of SMA or TMTA, please click here.
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 6375 1941.
- Introduction to Maritime Singapore
- What Maritime Singapore offers
- Global Connectivity
- Pro-Business Environment
- Global Maritime Services
- Global Maritime Capabilities
- COVID-19 for Maritime Community
- Public Outreach
- Maritime Careers
- Education and Scholarships
- Green Efforts
- Port Statistics
- Industry Transformation