As part of Singapore's smart nation push, cash payments will no longer be accepted over our counters with effect from 1 January 2018. Available modes of payment are via GIRO, e-Payment (Credit Card or NETS) and cheque.
Customers are able to make payments online via the various e-platforms available:
- For payment of fines, please proceed to e-Payment Service.
- For payment of daily/monthly bills, please proceed to Marinet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) What happens when a Giro Deduction fails?
The details of the unsuccessful giro deduction would be sent to you. It is recommended that you immediately top up funds for the next Giro deduction which would be scheduled the following week. Should the Giro deduction fails 2 times in a row, your account may be suspended and all future transactions may be on cash basis. You would have to take guidance from the follow-up actions advised by MPA.
2) How is interest on MPA’s bills calculated?
Interest is computed at 1% per month on the principal amount beyond the credit terms allowable.
3) What are the factors affecting the computation of port dues?
The factors include: duration of stay; purpose of call; size/ type of vessel and/ or location. Tariff is structured in a way to discourage long stays in Port.
4) What are the Port Dues concessions?
Tariff tables are available here. Each have conditions attached and are subjected to individual expiry rates.
5) Why do I receive a bill when my vessel has not departed from the port of Singapore?
Progressive billing is done for long staying vessels. Generally, this is carried out every 2 weeks. Therefore, you might be billed before your vessel departs from the port of Singapore should your vessel stay longer in Port.
6) What are the Green Initiatives? How much are the concessions relating to these?
More details are available at the following link: http://www.mpa.gov.sg/web/portal/home/maritime-singapore/green-efforts/maritime-singapore-green-initiative
7) When are shipyard rates applicable?
Shipyard rates are applicable when the vessel is physically in the MPA approved shipyard and declared purpose code 6. Please click here for the list of MPA approved shipyard locations.
8) If I were charged the full rates when I am entitled to the shipyard rates, how do I inform MPA?
You should notify MPA immediately via email. If verified to be correct, a credit note will be issued. Kindly note that response time varies accordingly to interval from which the original invoice was raised till the appeal has been made.
9) What are the charges at private wharfs?
This is a charge levied on movement of goods at private wharfs (ie. all waterfront facilities not granted MPA public licenses). The charges are levied based on purpose and not on product discharged or loaded. Please click here for charges.
10) What are the charges for water supplied to vessels?
This is a charge levied for water supplied at private wharves. Please click here for charges.
- Opening An Account
- Payment Matters
- Closing Your Account
- Ocean-going Vessel
- Harbour Craft
- Visiting Yacht and Pleasure Craft
- Shipping and Seafarer