CALL FOR JOINT INDUSTRY PROJECTS TO DIGITALISE BUNKER SECTOR
- MPA has launched an open call for joint industry projects (JIP) to encourage our bunker industry, technology community and adjacent sectors to accelerate the digitalisation of Singapore's bunkering sector. This call seeks to enhance bunker operations with the objectives of building up confidence in electronic documentations/processes within the sector and demonstrating value in terms of improving efficiency/productivity and transparency.
Development Areas / Scope
- The proposed solutions and digital documentations must conform with relevant regulations and legislation such as Singapore’s Electronic Transactions Act.
- We like to invite committed industry stakeholders to submit proposals in one or more of the following development areas:-
- Industry Solutions (B2B)
Applicant and its partners to develop and test their commercial and operations solutions that enhances operations efficiency, transparency and event visibility from oil terminals to bunker suppliers/craft to receiving ships. These could include the demonstration of technical/ operational feasibility and value of adopting electronic workflows and digitalised documentation for bunker delivery and other bunkering documentations, optimisation of terminal and bunker craft scheduling & utilisation, etc.
Proposed solutions must carry out API testing with Common Data Infrastructure (CDI) to ensure that they are CDI-compatible. More details on CDI can be found in the CFP document.
- Automated & Secured Regulatory Reporting (B2G)
Applicant and its partners to develop and test systems to transfer bunker data and event data accurately, reliably and securely from source (e.g. Mass Flow Meter (MFM), IoT devices etc) to MPA, as part of automated regulatory reporting, via digitalBunker@SG API gateway with minimum data hops or point-of-failure in between. The project must demonstrate end-to-end data integrity, cybersecurity and operational feasibility when transferring such information from source to MPA. Such information will be upheld as the single source of truth for regulatory reporting purposes. (Note: MPA’s digitalBunker@SG API gateway is planned to be ready for field trials by Q4 2021). See below for industry briefing session.
- Development/Enhancement of Hardware & Software to Enable Automated and Secured Data Transmission from MFM system
Applicant and its partners to develop/enhance and test for interoperability of their hardware and software systems (e.g. edge device, bunker computer, data logger, encryption units, 4G/LTE transmission devices, modem, etc) to facilitate the electronic capturing, storage and eventual transfer of raw data from the MFM system to MPA and B2B stakeholders. The hardware and software development should to comply with the Code Of Practice For Bunker Mass Flow Metering (MFM), SS648: 2019 standards. Where there are variations due to digital concept of operations, the applicant should highlight the required variations to SS648: 2019. The applicant will engage credible MFM system provider(s) to collaborate on this development/enhancement scope.
Evaluation Criteria and Funding Support
Selected projects may be eligible for up to 70% of project grant for qualifying items. The application form can be found here. All applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and impact to the maritime industry
- Innovation and differentiation
- Capability development in Singapore
- Local value capture
- Organisation and team competency
Application Start: 21 April 2021
Application Deadline: 10 June 2021, 1800 (Singapore Time)
Expected Project Award: 31 July 2021
Industry Briefing Session
An industry briefing was held on 11 May 2021, 10 am to 12 pm.
Click here for the briefing slides.
For any further questions, please direct to email@example.com.
Click here for more information on the call for joint industry projects on digital bunkering.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Developing Manpower
- Innovation and R&D
- Maritime Innovation Ecosystem
- MPA Living Lab
- Funding Schemes
- MINT Fund Call for Proposals
- Technology Conference
- Technology Webinars
- Milestones & Projects
- Gallery of Events
- Industry Digital Plan
- Maritime Digitalisation Playbook