Harbour Craft Electrification (2020)
MPA and SMI Joint Call for Proposals 2020 on Harbour Craft Electrification
MPA and SMI are issuing a joint Call-for-Proposals (CFP) with a total co-funding of S$9 million ($4 million under Maritime Decarbonisation R&D Programme and $5 million under Green Energy and Technology Programme) to support up to 3 consortiums for the next 5 years focusing on Electrification of Harbour Craft.
The CFP aims to:
- Develop, deploy and commercialise technologies and solutions to support local harbour craft industry in reducing their GHG emissions, in line with Singapore domestic emission NDC;
- Encourage Industry Consortiums approach through Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) under the consortiums which consist of maritime industry players, publicly funded Institute of Higher Learning (IHLs) and Research Institutions (RIs); and
- Facilitate cross-sharing of domain expertise and know-how to enable the maritime industry in meeting IMO 2030 and 2050 emissions reduction targets and the local harbour craft industry in meeting Singapore’s 2030 enhanced NDC target.
CFP Focus Area, Expected Outcomes
The expected outcomes for the CFP are as follows:
Focus Area for CFP
Electrification of Harbour Craft
Shore Charging Infrastructure for Electric Harbour Craft
Full Electric Harbour Craft & Shipboard Systems
Interoperability of Charging Infrastructure and Electric Vessels
Commercial Viability and Business Model
Call for Collaborations
We would like to invite interested companies to submit joint proposals as the Lead Applicants with like-minded industry players and Institutes of Higher Learning/ Research Institutes (IHL/RIs). Click here for details of the CFP.
Application Start: 21 September 2020
Whitepaper Submission Deadline: Extended till 9 November 2020, 6pm Singapore Time
Full proposal Submission Deadline: 31 December 2020
Expected Project approval: 1Q2021
- For industry applicants under Green Energy and Technology Programme, please contact Lau Wei Jie (MPA), Lau_Wei_Jie@mpa.gov.sg.
- For IHLs/RIs applicants under Maritime Decarbonisation R&D Programme, please contact Yang Yang (SMI), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Developing Manpower
- Innovation and R&D
- Maritime Innovation Ecosystem
- MPA Living Lab
- Funding Schemes
- MINT Fund Call for Proposals
- Technology Conference
- Milestones & Projects
- Gallery of Events
- Industry Digital Plan
- Maritime Digitalisation Playbook