Maritime Environmental Partnership
To raise awareness on Singapore’s commitment to develop a maritime industry that is not only competitive but also efficient, responsible and sustainable, the Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) organises run multiple marine environmental outreach programmes. Other than heightening awareness on the importance to protect our marine environment, MPA also involve members of the public and inspire them to play a part in protecting the marine environment.
Marine Environment School Talks
Did you know that marine litter is not just detrimental to the marine ecosystem, but to our health as well? To find out how everyone can play a part to protect our marine environment, you can sign up for Marine Environment School Talks sponsored by MPA!
During the talks, we will share more about:
- Impact of marine litter
- Economic, social and environmental implications of marine litter
- Current measures and efforts put in place to protect Singapore’s marine environment
- How everyone can play a part in protecting our marine environment
This programme is suitable for participants of all ages.
Clean-up on Kayak
Together with MPA’s existing marine environmental protection and safety promotion efforts, the Clean-Up on Kayak is a quarterly outreach event. Hoping to inculcate young Singaporeans’ love and care for our marine environment, participants work in teams to collect litter found in our waters and on shores.
- Have a group of 20 participants who are interested to plan for an event that is fun and meaningful?
- Able to provide or rent kayaks for the participants?
This programme is suitable for participants aged 13 and above.
Youth Diver Volunteer
To engage youths in our local marine environment protection efforts, MPA also organises the Youth Diver Volunteer Programme where tertiary students will be diving in our local waters to collect litter found in the waters.
- Have a group of 20 tertiary students who are certified divers and are interested to utilise their diving skills for a meaningful cause?
- Able to provide or rent dive gears (excluding weight belts, lead weights and SCUBA tanks)?
This programme is suitable for participants aged 17 and above.
Contact us through email@example.com to find out how your group/school can participate in any of the above programmes!
- Introduction to Maritime Singapore
- What Maritime Singapore offers
- Global Connectivity
- Pro-Business Environment
- Global Maritime Services
- Global Maritime Capabilities
- Public Outreach
- Maritime Careers
- Education and Scholarships
- Green Efforts
- Port Statistics
- Industry Transformation