On average Singapore attracts 130,000 vessel calls annually. The quality, efficiency, competitiveness and reliability of its port and shipping services make it the preferred international port of call.
Port of Singapore
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) regulates and licenses port and marine services and facilities. It also manages vessel traffic in the Singapore port while ensuring safety and security. The port section contains information, guidelines and procedures on matters relating to the port and its operations.
The shipping section covers information on how to register a ship under the Singapore flag,as well as manning guidelines, procedures and requirements for owners and masters of Singapore-registered ships.
MPA also posts circulars and notices to update the port and shipping community. Also important to the communities are information on port, shipping and other MPA tariffs. Available for download and reference is the maritime legislation of Singapore.
As an active member of the international maritime community, MPA posts updates on IMO matters.
Finally, we have information for seafarers of all nationalities, whether based in Singapore or visiting from overseas.
- Vessel Traffic Information System
- Gas Free Information
- Hazardous Cargo Information
- Port Infrastructure
- Marine Projects
- Crew Change
- Charts, Tidal Info, AtoNs and Hydrography
- Pilotage and Towage
- Voluntary Pilotage Services in the Straits of Malacca and Singapore
- Pilotage Exemption
- Marina South Pier
- Port Marine Safety
- Search & Rescue
- Port State Control
- Ship Casualty / Incident Investigations
- Safety at Sea
- Craft Licensing and Port Clearance
- Arrival and Departure Formalities
- Licensing of Harbour Craft
- Licensing of Pleasure Craft
- Launching / Laying Up / Breaking Up of Vessel
- Bidding for Craft Licence Number
- Circulars and Notices
- Visiting Seafarers
- Tariffs and Charges
- Charges for Marine Services
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Harbour Craft
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Pleasure Craft
- Fees Payable by Bunker Craft Operator / Supplier
- Charges for Vessel Inspection
- Maritime Welfare Fees
- Charges for Shipping Division
- Charges for Training Courses/Examinations
- Maritime Legislation of Singapore
- Attorney-General Chambers’ Singapore Statutes Online website
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore Act
- Merchant Shipping Act
- Merchant Shipping (Maritime Labour Convention) Act 2014
- Prevention of Pollution of the Sea Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Oil Pollution) Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Bunker Oil Pollution) Act
- Merchant Shipping (Wreck Removal) Act 2017