PE Requirements for Others
Pilot exemption requirements for other types of vessels, including harbour craft, foreign-going tanker/cargo ships up to 5,000 GT and ocean-going tugs.
Masters of harbour craft other than port limit tankers
- Masters of harbour craft of 300–2,000 GT other than port limit tankers and who possess a valid harbour craft manning licence are not required to attend the Pilot Exemption Course for Small Vessels (PESV).
- Masters of harbour craft of 2,000–5,000GT and who possess a valid harbour craft manning licence are required to attend the Pilotage Exemption Course for Large Vessels (PELV) in order to obtain pilotage exemption.
Masters of regional ferries
- Masters of regional ferries and who possess a valid harbour craft manning licence and passenger ship safety training certificates are not required to attend the PESV if they are operating on designated routes to/from Singapore.
- However, they are required to attend the appropriate pilot exemption course if they are operating on non-designated routes in port.
Masters of other types of vessels, eg. foreign-going vessels/tankers and ocean-going tugs)
- Refer to the general requirements for pilotage exemption for vessels not engaged in marine projects for the various pilotage district areas of the port.
Note: Pilotage is compulsory for international cruise vessels and LPG, LNG and chemical carriers.
- Vessel Traffic Information System
- Gas Free Information
- Hazardous Cargo Information
- Port Infrastructure
- Marine Projects
- Charts, Tidal Info, AtoNs and Hydrography
- Pilotage and Towage
- Pilotage Exemption
- Marina South Pier
- Port Marine Safety
- Search & Rescue
- Port State Control
- Incident Investigation
- Safety at Sea
- Craft Licensing and Port Clearance
- Arrival and Departure Formalities
- Licensing of Harbour Craft
- Licensing of Pleasure Craft
- Launching / Laying Up / Breaking Up of Vessel
- Bidding for Craft Licence Number
- Circulars and Notices
- Visiting Seafarers
- Tariffs and Charges
- Charges for Marine Services
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Harbour Craft
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Pleasure Craft
- Fees Payable by Bunker Craft Operator / Supplier
- Charges for Vessel Inspection
- Maritime Welfare Fees
- Charges for Shipping Division
- Charges for Training Courses/Examinations
- Maritime Legislation of Singapore
- Attorney-General Chambers’ public website
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore Act
- Merchant Shipping Act
- Maritime Labour Convention Act
- Prevention of Pollution of the Sea Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Oil Pollution) Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Bunker Oil Pollution) Act 2008