Industry Digital Plan
Sea Transport Industry Digital Plan (IDP)
The Sea Transport Industry Digital Plan (IDP) is a joint initiative with Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), as part of the SME Go Digital Programme that makes going digital simple for SMEs. It provides SMEs with an easy-to-use, step-by-step guide to support them in the adoption of digital solutions.
Who is it for?
A digital roadmap of the IDP has been developed for ship agency and harbour craft SMEs in the Sea Transport industry and charts out digital solutions that SMEs can adopt at each stage of their growth. Larger enterprises in the Sea Transport industry can also use the digital roadmap to guide their digital journey. The IDP also includes a Digital Roadmap (Training) to ensure that the industry's workforce is adequately prepared with the necessary skills to adopt digital solutions, and is ready for changes that come with digital transformation. Please click on the respective hyperlinks to download the ship agency and harbour craft IDP roadmaps (visit https://www.imda.gov.sg/sea-transport-idp for more information).
Maritime-specific digital solutions
To ease SMEs' adoption of digital technologies, MPA and IMDA have curated a list of maritime-specific digital solutions for the ship agency and harbour craft SMEs to meet their needs. The funding quantum to adopt the list of maritime-specific digital solutions is up to 70%, capped at S$30k per Financial Year for each SME applicant.
SMEs interested to apply for the Sea Transport IDP Grant can contact MPA_IDP@mpa.gov.sg.
Non-maritime specific digital solutions
For non-maritime specific digital solutions, e.g. account management, customer relationship management, human resource management, etc., SMEs may also visit the Tech Depot website to apply for the ESG's Productivity Solution Grant.
Consultancy & Project Management Services
- Basic Advisory: SMEs that whish to have a more comprehensive review of their business can approach the SME Centre business advisors for free business diagnosis and advisory on digital solutions relevant to their operations.
- Specialist consultancy: SMEs that require specialist consultancy on more advanced digital solutions will be referred by the SME Centre business advisors to the Principal Consultants at the SME Digital Tech Hub.
- Project Management Services: SMEs can also engage Project Management Services to support them in the implementation of the digital solutions. The project managers can help with business processes re-engineering and job redesign to get the maximum benefits and have more sustainable outcomes from going digital.
Start Digital Pack
SMEs who have started their business or are new to digital technology can take up a Start Digital Pack to give them a head start in going digital. The Start Digital Pack offers easy-to-deploy and scalable solutions in Accounting, HR Management System & Payroll, Digital Marketing, Digital Transaction and Cybersecurity. SMEs can adopt any two solutions from the above categories for free for a minimum of six months with a contract period of at least 18 months.
For any other queries, pls refer to the attached FAQ. Alternatively, you may contact MPA_IDP@mpa.gov.sg.
- Setting Up in Singapore
- Setting Up Your Maritime Business in Singapore
- Applying for Employment Passes
- Registering a Ship
- Programmes to Support Your Maritime Business
- Developing Manpower
- Developing Infocomm Technology Capability
- Innovation and R&D
- Maritime Innovation Ecosystem
- MPA Living Lab
- Funding Schemes
- Call for Proposals
- Technology Conference
- Milestones & Projects
- Gallery of Events
- Industry Digital Plan