Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF)
Introduced by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), the Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) facilitates the growth of Singapore's maritime cluster by supporting the industry's manpower and business development efforts as well as its drive for productivity improvements. There are three key components under MCF.
The MCF-Manpower Development co-funds maritime companies in the development of manpower, training initiatives and capabilities.
The MCF-Business Development supports eligible expenses incurred in the setting up of new maritime operations or expansion into new lines of maritime businesses in Singapore, and internationalisation efforts by maritime companies.
The MCF-Productivity supports initiatives by the maritime industry that will lead to productivity gains.
Application forms, together with complete information on the project, must reach the MCF Secretariat at least 30 days prior to commencement of the project. Due to potential complexity of each project, interested applicants are encouraged to contact the MCF Secretariat for a discussion about eight weeks before the project commences.
For more information on the Maritime Cluster Fund, please contact the MCF Secretariat:
Tel: 1800 272 7777 (Select option 4)
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
460 Alexandra Road
MCF-Manpower is available for the development of manpower, training initiatives and capabilities within the maritime industry. Accessible to companies and individuals, the fund focuses on developing and enhancing the pertinent skills of employees.
(A) Training@MaritimeSingapore: To upgrade knowledge and expertise of local maritime personnel through attending MPA-approved training programmes. Examples of supportable activities include:
- External Training - Short Courses and Certifiable Courses: To encourage individuals and maritime employees to attend approved training by providing training grant.
- In-house Training: To encourage maritime enterprises to provide in-house training to employees.
(B) Talent@MaritimeSingapore: To encourage companies to invest in the development of expertise through attachments and career development programmes. Examples of supportable activities include:
- Industry Attachment: To encourage maritime enterprises to invest in the development of expertise through industry attachment conducted in local or overseas offices.
- Overseas Attachment: To encourage maritime enterprises to offer overseas attachment opportunities to staff, to acquire specific skills or exposure to market knowledge.
- Management Associates: To support grooming of local talent for management and leadership positions.
(C) InvestManpower@MaritimeSingapore: To encourage maritime enterprises and industry associations to adopt well-structured HR and training infrastructure, tools and processes so as to attract, train and develop their talent pool.
- Industry/Strategic-level Development: To encourage maritime enterprises or industry associations to work together to attract talents and improve Singapore's maritime workforce capabilities. These manpower development initiatives could bring about industry-specific benefits or national-level benefits to Singapore's growth as an International Maritime Centre
- Enterprise-specific Development: To encourage maritime enterprises to establish good HR practices/tools and establish training infrastructure.
Application form must reach the MCF Secretariat at least 30 days prior to commencement of the training.
MCF-Business Development is available to support eligible expenses incurred by maritime companies and organisations in the setting up of new maritime-related businesses or expansion; into new lines of maritime functions in Singapore, and internationalisation efforts by the maritime companies. MCF-Business Development is a co-funding grant scheme available to qualifying maritime players committed to growing and succeeding in Singapore.
Companies are eligible to apply if they meet the qualifying criteria.
Application form, together with complete information on the project, must reach the MCF Secretariat at least 30 days prior to commencement of the project.
MCF-Productivity aims to elevate the productivity of maritime companies by way of enhancing business processes and workflow; or by developing and adopting technology solutions. Singapore-incorporated, maritime-related entities as well as technology and engineering companies with a maritime focus are eligible to apply if they meet the qualifying criteria. Qualifying projects will receive up to 70% of co-funding from MPA for eligible expenses such as:
- Professional Services (e.g. consultancy, software development and customisation, user training, accreditation costs)
- Hardware (e.g. purchase price and costs related to implementation of specialised hardware)
- Software (e.g. subscription costs and licensing of specialised software)
- In-house manpower (basic salaries for up to 2 full-time staff working on in-house projects) will be considered on a case-by-case basis