Why Join MPA
Did you know that the maritime industry contributes to over 7% of Singapore's GDP?
Did you know that 90% of all goods in the world are transported by ships?
Did you know that each year the maritime industry moves:
more than 10 billion litres of petrol;
more than 40 million pairs of foot wear; and
more than 240 million kg of fruits?
Did you know that the maritime industry is a multi-trillion dollar global industry, without which much of the world would come to a standstill?
If you are a bright and dynamic individual seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come join us and play a part in shaping Singapore's maritime industry, and help Singapore achieve its global maritime aspirations.
- We are dynamic and forward-thinking.
- We value our people as our greatest asset.
- We work hard and we play hard.
- We are pro-family.
- We have plenty of programmes and activities to encourage a healthy and fun lifestyle.
What we offer
- Exciting job challenges in a variety of positions.
- Training and development opportunities for you to develop yourself both professionally and personally.
- Job rotation and secondment opportunities to develop you to your full potential.
- Merit- and performance-based pay structure with a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
If you are keen to be a part of our team, join MPA now.
If you are a student entering university, check out our scholarship programme. Or if you are currently a first- or second-year polytechnic student pursuing a maritime course in Singapore Polytechnic, do check out our sponsorship programme.
- Mission, Vision & Values
- List of Board Members
- Organisation Chart
- Annual Report
- Our Future Ready Framework
- Ethics Policy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- MPA Officer Identification
- MPA Careers
What some of our staff have to say about why you should join MPA:
"As a Marine Officer, I am the eyes at sea, keeping a watch on one of the world's busiest waterways. I love my job and I am proud of it!"
– Mr Koh Boon Wee, Marine Officer
"The opportunity to work with colleagues in other divisions within MPA and also people from other ministries and organisations definitely broadens my horizons. It also allows me to view issues from new perspectives.”
– Mr Loh Yee Wei, Assistant Hydrographer
“Recognising the importance of work-life balance, MPA has many initiatives supporting this. I am able to spend quality time with my family and my two lovely kids at various staff events such as the MPA Family Day and Juniors@Work Day.”
– Ms Celeste Lee Pin Pin, Management Officer