Singapore – IMO Third Country Training Programme (TCTP)
Through the Singapore-IMO Third Country Training Programme (TCTP), Singapore has been sharing its maritime knowledge and experience with over 2,100 participants from over 90 countries from regions such as Asia, Africa, Americas, Caribbean, Middle East and the Pacific Islands since 1998.
Aligned with the IMO’s objective of “promoting safe, secure and efficient shipping on clean oceans”, the Singapore-IMO TCTP Memorandum of Understanding was the first of its kind in institutionalising a member State’s commitment to the IMO’s Integrated Technical Cooperation Programme. The MOU was extended indefinitely in 2000.
Under the Singapore-IMO TCTP, courses are conducted either in Singapore or in countries covered under the geographical scope of the MOU. As an IMO Council member, Singapore will strive to continue delivering relevant courses to even more IMO member States under the Singapore-IMO TCTP.
Click here for photo gallery.
Courses include the following:
- Regional Workshop on the Implementation of the IMO Member State Audit Scheme (IMSAS), Singapore
- Regional Train-the-Trainers Workshop on the Delivery of the National Training Course Focused on Implementation of IMO Conventions, Singapore
- Regional IMO Workshop on the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, United Republic of Tanzania
- National Workshop on MARPOL Annex V and Port Reception Facilities (PRFs), Philippines
- Regional Workshop on Safety Management System and International Safety Management (ISM) Code, Papua New Guinea
- Sub-Regional Training Course for Maritime Administrations on Implementation of the ISM Code, Nigeria
- Regional Train-the-Trainer Course for Simulator Trainers and ECDIS instructors (for Pacific Islands), Fiji
- Regional Training Course for Instructors, which is based on IMO Model Course 6.09, Egypt
- Regional Workshop on Assessing, Authorising and Monitoring Recognised Organizations (RO Code)
- Global Maritime Energy Efficiency Partnership (GloMEEP)- Maritime Technology Cooperation Centre, Singapore
- About Us
- Thought Leadership Talks