Applying or Renewing the Port Limit Manning Licence
The procedure to apply or renew the port limit manning licence for the harbour craft manning crew.
All certificated crew working on board a harbour craft are required to possess a valid Port Limit Manning Licence. There are different types of Manning Licences:
- Port Limit Steersman
- Port Limit Helmsman
- Port Limit Special Grade (Deck) Officer
- Port Limit 2nd Class Engine Driver
- Port Limit 3rd Class Engine Driver
- Port Limit Special Grade (Engine Driver)
New applications - Application for new manning licence has to be made within one year from passing the examination. Thereafter, applicant has to retake the examination.
Renewals - The manning licence must be renewed before its expiry. If the licence is renewed after the expiry, the holder is required to revalidate by taking the relevant refresher course conducted by the recognised training centre. The licence will only be renewed with the Certificate of Attendance issued by the training centre.
Application for New or Renewal of Manning Licence via Marinet:
- Certificate of Competency (CoC)/Certificate of Endorsement (COE) or Result slip from MPA's Integrated Simulation Centre of Singapore (ISC)
- Please note that application for Port Limit Manning licence must be made within 6 months of the passing date of examination/ COC or expiry of the manning licences
- Identity Card (for locals) and Passport (for foreigners);
- Work Permit / In-principle Approval for Work Permit /Employment Pass
- 1 recent passport-sized photograph
- Existing licence (for Renewals only - To be surrendered to MPA. A police report is to be made and submitted if this is lost)
- Certificates of relevant additional courses attended
- 4 Basic course (Fire Fighting, First Aid, Personal Survival & Oil Spill Control Course) - Applicable for all new application for Helmsman and 2nd Class Engine Driver.
- Fire-Fighting Certificate - Applicable to all manning crew working on board SB licensed tanker/SC licensed craft carrying dangerous cargoes/explosives.
- TMC (Tanker Master Certificate) - Applicable to deck officer working on board SB licensed CAT A bunker tankers.
- Oil Spill Control Certificate - Applicable to all manning crew working on board ST licensed tug with enginer power of 750 kilowatt and above.
- TTAC (Tug Training Assessment & Certification) - Applicable to all Deck Officers working on board MPA Approved Tug Service Providers' ST licensed tugs.
- Port Limit Special Grade Deck Officer Course Certificate - Applicable to all Special Grade Deck Officers.
Contribution to Medisave for Self-Employed Persons
For application or renewal of licences, self-employed applicants must ensure that they have contributed to their medisave accounts as required by CPF board. For more information on the Medisave for the Self-Employed Scheme or to check the Medisave payment status for licence application or renewal, please logon to the CPF website at www.cpf.gov.sg.
With effect from 31 August 2010, Singaporeans and Permanent Residents will be issued a harbour craft manning licence with lifetime validity.
|Revised Licence Fee||Loss, Replacement, Upgrade of qualifications||Changes to Name, Passport Number and/or Company Name||Remarks|
|Singaporeans and Permanent Residents||$20.00||$10.00 Not including GST||$20.00 Not including GST||Lifetime Validity. Holders aged 60 years or older are still required to submit medical certificate of fitness annually to maintain lifetime validity.|
|Foreigners||$20.00||$10.00 Not including GST||$20.00 Not including GST||Validity is tied to expiry date of Certificate of endorsement or work permit.|
Non-Singaporean deck and engine officers holding valid manning licence are permitted for deployment on board harbour craft under same ownership, operator and ship manager subject to the following conditions:- a) The deck/engine officers must be qualified to operate the harbour craft; b) All craft must maintain the minimum manning requirements at all times; and c) The transfer should not result in fatigue to the deck/engine officers and should not exceed the maximum number of working hours per week as specified by the MOM.
Contact information of OSDC
Tel No: (65) 6325 2373
Fax: (65) 6325 2376
- Vessel Traffic Information System
- Gas Free Information
- Hazardous Cargo Information
- Port Infrastructure
- Marine Projects
- Charts, Tidal Info, AtoNs and Hydrography
- Pilotage and Towage
- Voluntary Pilotage Services in the Straits of Malacca and Singapore
- Pilotage Exemption
- Marina South Pier
- Port Marine Safety
- Search & Rescue
- Port State Control
- Incident Investigation
- Safety at Sea
- Craft Licensing and Port Clearance
- Arrival and Departure Formalities
- Licensing of Harbour Craft
- Licensing of Pleasure Craft
- Launching / Laying Up / Breaking Up of Vessel
- Bidding for Craft Licence Number
- Circulars and Notices
- Visiting Seafarers
- Tariffs and Charges
- Charges for Marine Services
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Harbour Craft
- Fees Payable by the Owner Agent or Master of a Pleasure Craft
- Fees Payable by Bunker Craft Operator / Supplier
- Charges for Vessel Inspection
- Maritime Welfare Fees
- Charges for Shipping Division
- Charges for Training Courses/Examinations
- Maritime Legislation of Singapore
- Attorney-General Chambers’ public website
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore Act
- Merchant Shipping Act
- Maritime Labour Convention Act
- Prevention of Pollution of the Sea Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Oil Pollution) Act
- Merchant Shipping (Civil Liability and Compensation for Bunker Oil Pollution) Act 2008